Thursday, February 11, 2010

Get your feet wet in the Lacey Trend



I've never been a very delicate person and I'm the type of person that would literally destroy my clothes with my rough and clumsy ways (albeit entirely unintentional). Recently, it struck me that LACE is becoming big in fashion. There was Stella McCartney and her lacey creations in the limelight last year. And now, people are layering the delicate fabric on during fashion week (ref: refinery29). And can I say "tres cute"?


So here's a feminine tunic with sheer Chantilly lace (and a low v-back) that you can try out for this new lacey trend. Why? Well, a tunic is very versatile and as a layering item, you don't have to worry about appearing too delicate, or becoming too cold. (Yes, a part of me is convincing myself that I need this discounted lace tunic).


On the other hand, there's also this beautiful Carolina Herrera lace dress on Gilt Groupe today, but it's really a standout piece that you can only wear for formal events. Ah well...none in my size anyway (phew)...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails