Friday, October 31, 2008

Hourglass Calligraphy Eyeliner makes lining eyes easy

I want to feature the Hourglass Calligraphy Eyeliner ($33) on my birthday because it's the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used. I bought chibi's mom her birthday present a month ago. I got her a Giorgio Armani Maestro Liquid Eyeliner in Matte Black $30 (there is only one color). I had heard from fishee that Armani's eyeliner has a soft tip, and it goes on smoothly and in a thin line. Exactly what chibi's mom wanted! I tried it on at the counter before purchasing it and it was everything fishee said it would be, at least for that moment.

However, I was still curious about the great reviews for the Calligraphy Eyeliner from Makeupalley and Sephora. There are more color choices (Top: Ebony, Middle: Cognac, Bottom: Indigo/dark navy) from Hourglass, though it is $3.00 more than the Maestro liquid eyeliner.

I was feeling decadent, so I bought myself a Calligraphy Eyeline in Ebony and bought chibi's mom one in Cognac to go with her black Maestro eyeliner. It is so idiot-proof that I could finally apply it to my eyes without it looking unnatural or out of place. I was never able to do so with other eyeliners! Of course, I did not turn into an expert overnight. I still drew all over the place but it was easy enough to remove. Sometimes, I draw into my eyes and all, but it didn't hurt, nor did I need to wash out my eye. I would like to think that it's because all its active ingredients are natural. (Chamomile and aloe extracts gently soothe and calm while rosemary and perilla extracts provide a nurturing antioxidant boost.) It goes on thinly if I apply it lightly, and it goes on more dramatically if I apply a little more pressure. Then, it dries so quickly and stays dry for the rest of the day. Now, if only my mascare wouldn't smudge on the skin under my eye, I would have perfect eye makeup!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails