Monday, November 09, 2009

Inexpensive Over-The-Knee Boots

Sexy over-the-knee boots (aka OTK boots or thigh-high boots) are all over the place this Fall/Winter, but if you are a frugal shopper like me, you will be gawking at the $500 and above price tag on many of these hot hot boots. (Saying "hot" twice makes it hotter.)

From all my finds, here are my favorites (and most inexpensive).

Two Lips - Kitty Kat (Black Suede) - Footwear


Two Lips - Kinky (Black) - Footwear


From my point of view, these two pairs of shoes from Two Lips are almost identical, except Kinky has higher heels (4" instead of 3 1/4"), a 1/2 inch platform, and an extra buckle. Well, there is also the $70 price difference of course. But that means you look taller, sexier and edgier in the Kinky. Both made out of suede, the Kitty Kat comes in five colors while Kinky only comes in grey and black. I bought the Kinky and wore it for the first time during my birthday (Halloween) with fishnet stockings. Obviously, I wouldn't wear it with fishnet stockings any other day but Halloween~! Anyway, it is one HOT pair of shoes...I mean, I was hot. The ribbon lace-up detail at the back of the boot shaft adds a very feminine and unique touch that you don't get with many OTK boots out there today. However, I am still on the fence about whether I should have gotten the Kitty Kat instead, because Kinky's 4" heels were a little challenging for a klutz like me. Also, I wish the shaft would be longer because I wanted it higher up my thighs than just simply over-the-knee. It was otherwise a very satisfactory buy and I hope to wear it out often!!




Here is another straightforward boots to fall in love with. The only unfortunate thing about these boots is the faux leather upper because you simply can't buy real leather boots at this price. With a 24" shaft, this will go higher up your thighs, so you can wear shorter hemlines in accompaniment. Pros are the 3/4 inch platform, cushioned insoles, and flat traction outsole. The 4 1/2 inch stiletto heel is something that could be considered a pro or a con depending on personal preference. Honestly though, I don't see the point of wearing OTK boots without heels. There is just that much more OOMPH!~ when there are sky high heels to go with the sky high boots! And if you MUST choose something with minimal or no heels, at least go with something interesting like the Matisse Buccaneer below. It is a little pricier than the other ones I featured, but I'm convinced it is the only way to go with flat OTK boots.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails