Friday, June 05, 2009

Carlos Falchi, the newest collaboration with Target

After feeling up Anya Hindmarch's like-plastic handbag collection at Target last year, I'm not sure how I feel about Carlos Falchi's upcoming faux snakeskin handbag collection for Target. The line will be available from October 11 to December 27, and I hold to the fear that it might shatter my love and lust towards the designer's usual exotic skin bags. Carlos Falchi bags cost anything from $570 for a small 10" by 4" clutch to $1,860 for this pleated 16" by 7" clutch in the picture to this gorgeous 11" by 17" fringed hobo. While exotic skin is the emblem of ultra-luxury, faux exotic skin only speaks of the envious desire to emulate the rich. If not done well, faux exotic skin can look cheap just like how Anya Hindmarch's patent leather bags became plastic on the shelves of Target. In any case, low-end collaborations are always financially wise for designers, and I will be interested to know how this one goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I especially found it useful where you stated ...

what you can to be my friend?
please add my link into your blogroll

best regards
katarashop

Related Posts with Thumbnails