Monday, April 06, 2009

Vintage shoes with lipstick holder

Bellasugar posted these vintage shoes from the book, "The Seductive Shoe", today and I just had to put it up on the blog for everyone to see. The shape of the shoe is, I think, something we would see in modern shoes since straps and booties are such huge trends circulating the industry right now. And of course, the cool (or strange) part of the shoe is the lipstick holder. Honestly, it's not doing it for me because the lipstick holder seems to be in the way of the sleek lines of the shoe, but I love the idea of strapping things onto our legs because it seems so functional and sexy. So I gave it some thought, and I think it is best to create a thigh-high boots so there will be space to hide such holders and pockets in 20something inches of leather, or work it into the design. For example, there could be a hidden money clip, a lip palette holder, a compact holder...etc...

Oh, who am I kidding? It just won't work. Why would we ever replace our cute bags with hideous bulges in our boots/shoes? What do you think? Great idea, or simply terrible?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails