Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!~

From Wikipedia

I am on a learning curve and this is my first year becoming aware of Cinco de Mayo (I had to check it out on Wikipedia). Spanish culture is one of the cultures I can't say I know much of, but I do know that they are very family oriented just like my own Chinese culture. Moreover, my impression of the Spanish people is that they are very vibrant and lively. Obviously, this has a lot to do with the colorful Mayan/Puebla dresses and typical colors one would see at a Cinco de Mayo celebration. I may not be Mexican, Latino, or Spanish, but I love taking part in the celebration of the different cultures and heritage!

I don't have a Puebla dress and I imagine it would be slightly pretentious to wear it without being Spanish, but I figured that to participate in festivities, all I have to do is inject some celebratory colors into my ensemble. When I came across this scarf from Tolani, the light bulb went off in my head. The braided scarf with tassels is layered with magenta and yellow/green, and reminds me of the typical vibrancy of Cinco de Mayo images. For anyone who wants to participate subtly without going for the full-on Mexican dress, maybe accessorizing with the right colors will be the perfect in-between solution~!


icon

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails