Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bottega Veneta Tornabouni bags Pre-Fall '09

There was dignity and luxury that was all the more poignant because of the hushness around it. Bottega Veneta comes back to its rich basics in the Pre-Fall'09 collection, which you can see at Style.com.

"The new Tornabuoni bags add a literal twist to the label's signature woven intrecciato treatment, giving them an interesting 3-D texture. In times like these, a tote like that unequivocally says my credit's still good." - Nicole Phelps

Look closer at the red hobo in the picture (I chose it because the red makes it easier to see). I believe it is one of the new Tornabouni bags. To create the Tornabouni effects, it seems BV took their usual weaves and twisted them as they wove through each other. Perhaps BV got the idea from the sides of their classic hobos where the leather pieces are twisted. I imagine the twisted surface to be like textured fabric or intricate pieces of 3-D wall art. I guess I'll just have to wait to see.



I also thought this "slanted cross" pattern is very textured, interesting, and modern (with the color choice).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails